Probably the perception of many industries - some of which may be accurate!
Sage Partners Ltd was started by Geoff Manks in March 2010. After 22 years commercial insurance broking, during which time he also owned NZ largest wholly owned broking company, was a shareholder and director of NZ's second largest broker and invested 18 months assisting a staunch South Island insurance broking company continue to succeed, he still felt there was unfinished business to attend to. This then provided the inspiration to start Sage Partners.
With a passion to look outside the traditional, the unfinished business included establishing solutions for:
- The emerging carbon forestry market. In 2010 Sage Partners insured the first carbon based forestry plantation in Australasia. Since then Sage has gone on to insure over 50% of the carbon based forestry in NZ. Sage has also established a direct facility into the Lloyd's market for insuring carbon & timber plantation requirements. This is supported by the 2nd largest syndicate in Lloyd's and of-course also carries the S&P rating and guarantee provided by Lloyd's. Click on the ForestCover logo above for more details.
- Marine transit: Sage Partners has created the world's leading online marine transit insurance solution. In 2011 the first version of QuickQuote was released to the freight forwarding industry. The ease of use, document output and competitiveness now has QuickQuote operating in three countries.
- Other solutions include several political risk insurance policies taken out to protect a client's income and asset value from the abolishment of an Act of NZ legislation.
We have also worked closely with entrepreneurial companies to provide marine transit insurance on over 100,000 cars a year shipped around the world.
While we seek to grow our business, it will not be at the expense of fundamental beliefs.
- Clients who act unethically will not be clients
- Suppliers who do not deliver value will not be suppliers
- In our dealings with you, we will be honest, professional, put your interest to the fore and achieve excellence for you.
Our access to international markets, to expert resources, plus the ability to leverage quality networks, means whether you're an industry body, a company, an insurance broker or individual with a special need, it will be in your interest to call for a talk.