Probably the perception of many industries - some of which may be accurate!
Sage Partners Ltd was started by Geoff Manks in March 2010. After 25 years commercial insurance broking, during which time he also owned NZ largest wholly owned broking company, was a shareholder and director of NZ's second largest broker and invested 18 months assisting a staunch South Island insurance broking company continue to succeed, Geoff still felt there was unfinished business to attend to. This then provided the inspiration to start Sage Partners.
With a desire to look outside the traditional, this unfinished business included establishing solutions for:
- The emerging carbon forestry market. In 2010 Sage Partners insured the first carbon based forestry plantation in Australasia. Since then Sage has gone on to insure over 70% of the carbon based forestry in NZ. Sage has also established a direct facility into the Lloyd's market for insuring carbon & timber plantation requirements. This is supported by the 2nd largest syndicate in Lloyd's and of-course also carries the S&P rating and guarantee provided by Lloyd's. Click on the ForestCover logo above for more details and request your insurance advisor contact us to help.
- Marine transit: Sage Partners has created the world's leading online marine transit insurance technology solution. In 2011 the first version of the QuickQuote software was released to the freight forwarding industry. The ease of use, document output and competitiveness now see's QuickQuote operating in three countries by insurance brokers and freight forwarders. To be able to quote, bind and issue documentation within a couple of minutes, from your desktop or remote device. Contact us for a demonstration. We have also worked closely with entrepreneurial shipping companies, providing marine transit insurance on over 70,000 cars a year shipped around the world.
- Non-Delivery Insurance: Emanating from a need within the carbon market, where carbon credits are contracted to be supplied to counter-party, the potential financial exposure became problematic for a counter-party involved. After investing years educating the local and international insurance markets about the NZ ETS, we were able to provide an insurance solution to the counter-party, protecting their financial exposure in the event of non-delivery of the carbon credits.
- Change of Legislation Insurance: With very sophisticated businesses created around the existence of specific Acts of legislation, this can often create an intrinsic link to the businesses viability should that Act be abolished. Again, accessing our unique Lloyds markets, a solution was crafted and insurance arranged to assuage this threat posed to a clients business.
So while we seek to grow through distribution of our solutions and expertise into industry, it will not be at the expense of a few fundamental beliefs.
- Clients who act unethically will not be clients
- Suppliers who do not deliver value will not be suppliers
- In our dealings with you, you should expect a discernible value-add from the services we provide you
Our access to international markets, to expert resources, plus the ability to leverage quality networks, means it will be in your interest to see what sage Partners can do to help you - as we are a underwriting agent for Lloyd's, please contact your insurance broker, forestry consultant, freight forwarder or event organiser in the first instance.